On Tuesday, 28 May 2013, a colloquium titled “Global Engagement and Legal Education: A Tipping Point” will be held in St. Louis, Missouri, as part of the annual conference of NAFSA Association for International Educators. The international legal education colloquium will run from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
This is the second such NAFSA international legal education colloquium, with the first being held in Houston, Texas in 2012.
Highlights of the 2013 NAFSA colloquium include (as provided on the NAFSA website):
- Join deans, faculty members, and senior international officers from U.S. and overseas law schools
- Meet and discuss strategies to incorporate global perspectives into legal education.
- Discuss practical strategies and techniques to develop a comprehensive approach to internationalizing the law school
- Focus on domestic curriculum, skills, high-quality international experiences.
- Small group discussions to allow participants to learn the nuts and bolts of various successful models in internationalization efforts in law schools.
For more information about who should attend the Colloquium and what participants are expected to gain, please see below: